Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What "Near the End" feels like

We are so close.  Sooooooo close. 

Then they came to put the pulls on the cabinets.

Most of them are crooked.  I am not kidding.  I brought this to my contractor's attention.  Now some of my drawers look like this:

Can't even get this picture to show up properly.  Please tilt your head to the right.
The fronts had to be removed and remade because the holes were so far off the mark.

I think some day I will not have strange men in my laundry room and kitchen, but that day isn't today.  Or next week.

Tomorrow the stone mason comes to put in the fireplace.  He was supposed to come today, but...you know.  He got, well, held up.  So we had another delay.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the dreams I've been having lately.  A couple of nights ago, I dreamed I was driving my truck on Georgia Tech's campus and had to find a parking space.  My truck is an F350 duallie.  I never did park.

Last night I had such a vivid dream of terrible news about a friend that I checked Facebook as soon as I woke up, just to be sure it wasn't true.  (It wasn't.)

This is why people don't do this very often.  Or at least why I won't do it again any time soon.

Serenity now!

No comments: