Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Finally!


Leadership!  McCain has declared that things are bad enough to stop campaigning, and he is leading on this.  I am so relieved.

I have been a grudging McCain supporter, until he picked Sarah Palin as his running mate.  Then he had me, hook, line and sinker.  The pink McCain/Palin stickers have been ordered, the RNC envelope has been filled out (just need to stick the check in there, a crucial step, yes). 

But then the bottom fell out of the market last week and both our presidential candidates have done little to nothing.  For a while there it looked like neither guy would even show up for the vote.  I expected Obama to avoid a position, but the Maverick?  I wanted him out in front, saying the hard thing, taking names and kicking some--well, you know.  (And, by the way, my envelope sits unfilled...are you listening, RNC?)  

Now he's leading, on to Washington!  I'm looking forward to his trying some things, even if I don't agree with all of them.  The next couple of weeks are looking up.

UPDATE:  I really love this idea.

No comments: