Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yarn Along--Almost late but not quite!

Joining the Yarn Along at Ginny's Small Things...what a great blog.  You should visit.

Here's what I'm currently reading and working on:

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.  You MUST read this.  Everyone must read this.  I can't explain how incredible this story is.  I absolutely loved it...just finished it a couple of days ago, and even stayed up until 1 in the morning reading one night.  Now, my husband will tell you there is nothing that can make me stay up that late.  But this book did it.

The project is a skirt from Knitting Wrapsody, out of Cascade Ultra Pima.  I was making it for a swimsuit cover-up.  When I thought I was getting a pale turquoise swimsuit and also that I would enjoy the pattern, I was excited.  But Athleta was out of stock in the turquoise, and so I have a royal purple swimsuit.  The pattern is also four rows of okay plus one row of major PITA.  So I'm kind of meh about it now.  I think if I had something I was excited to knit I would be knitting a little more.  I'd like to start a navy blue cardigan for P so it will be ready to wear for school.

Here is a picture of one of my completed projects from an earlier Yarn Along:

This is D with her wrap, exactly as I expected her to use it.  She likes to wrap up in it while she reads in bed at night.  A fun pattern...I am pretty sure I'll make #3 this winter.

Now I have to go see what everyone else is making!

ps:  This is not my second downer post that I mentioned yesterday!  I am working on it and should have it ready tomorrow.

No comments: