Friday, January 11, 2013

My Week

The cabinets for my master bath renovation came in.  They were only what I ordered in that they were, indeed, cabinets.  My usually-reliable Honda Odyssey got sick and had to go the shop, where they could not fix it.  It has to go to the dealer.  My contractor had questions about phase 2 of the renovation which required me to drop everything so I could pick out appliances.  I have discovered that some people make this into a year-long project, but I only have a couple of weeks.  Comcast showed up to install our new high-speed internet but could not because the street is too far from the house.  They require a survey to get that done and it is still not complete.  And I haven't posted in a couple of days, even though I really, really want to blog more in 2013.

Or.

My contractor and I agreed immediately that the cabinets were not what we ordered, and he is having a new cabinet maker make them, from scratch, for the same price. He is dealing with the other sub, leaving me completely out of it.  My Honda's problem is a known issue, so it should be covered by the warranty.  I thought long and hard about my kitchen re-do, which I kept putting off, and now my vision is in place for this project, and I am super excited about it!  Comcast has called me or shown up every time they said they would. 

And I am here now.

It's all in how you look at it.

No comments: