Monday, June 17, 2013

It's always hardest to start again.  It would be easier never to stop.

The first post after a time away is terrifying.  I have nothing and so much to say.  There has been everything going on, and yet nothing at all. 

I didn't have my computer for a while, not the computer with an actual keyboard.  I still don't have a family room.  I have a kitchen, but on any given day there may or may not be random men working in it.  I usually have access to the laundry now.

The best I can do is start where I am.  I would like to share my renovation.  I have learned a ton.  If you or someone you love is getting ready to start on a major home renovation project, stop them now.  Only kidding.  But I will have plenty to share in the next few weeks.

I have a swanky new appliance and I have permission from one of their chefs to share some recipes.

Even though I haven't had much of a kitchen, I am very proud to say we have hosted several gatherings.  Hosting is one of my absolute favorite things to do.  We didn't let the lack of countertops get in our way.

I did finish my photography class.  It was awesome.  I think I may take it again, just because I know how little I know now.


While this little blog isn't really a confessional, I will have to share how utterly off the wagon I've fallen with my personal quiet time and Bible study.  At least I've hinted to it now. 

The end may be in sight with my huge project.  I hope this can count as a new start for the blog.

And, by the way, the pictures are just random little snips of parts of our spring.  I am noticing that there is blessed little drywall dust in them!

2 comments:

PJ said...

I am glad you jumped back on the wagon. Even if it wasn't very confessional and even if it was scary. It's always good to be back on the wagon.

A few comments. I'm so sorry about the drawer pulls. My heart broke when I read that. But the good news is that the end is drawing near-er.

Second, just an FYI. If you are looking to jump back into studying the Bible regularly through my blog ... I start Matthew tomorrow. It's a pretty good book to jump back onto that wagon, too.

Third, you are a great hostess. Far better than I am a host, that's for sure. I have enjoyed spending time with your family.

Fourth, I love the photos. Especially the one with your youngest and the butterfly in her hands. I feel the same way she looks around butterflies. Maybe we should all go to Callaway one day and visit their butterfly house. It's pretty cool.

God's peace. Glad to see you posting again.

Cheryl said...

Thank you for the permission to skip Ezekiel! (for now, of course...)

The butterflies...I will post one day about them. I think I took my favorite picture ever that day. Of course I haven't shared it yet.

Thanks for the encouragement! I am always amazed at people who are so diligent and faithful about posting.