Monday, January 10, 2011
Monday Morning Gratitude
11. Snow! And ice, of course. You can't have snow in the South without some ice on the side.
12. Pets whom we love and who love us.
13. A wonderful sermon which gave me a week's worth of thinking in the first five minutes.
14. Handknit hats.
15. Snuggling on the couch with the kids to watch a movie.
16. The paperwhites which bloomed. This is the first time I've successfully forced bulbs in the in winter.
17. Brownie mix.
18. Photos. We are so documented now. Have you ever stopped to think how amazing it is that we have gazillions of images of last week, last year, ten years ago? Imagine what it was like 150 years ago, when you only had your memory.
19. Watching my children grow and nurture friendships.
20. Emergency workers who are out working to make sure we are safe, even though the roads are really bad today. (I got the road report from my husband who is at the office right now.)
Time for the second cup. One child has still not emerged from his room. I'd say that is taking full advantage of a lazy day!