Monday, January 5, 2009

The New Year is Off and Running

No posting last weekend...yes, we were at the lake.  We got seven glorious days down there, quite a lot for us, and now we are pulling things together here, taking down the Christmas stuff (high time!), and generally getting ready to go back to real life.  The kids don't start back until tomorrow, so that gives us a day to find uniform shoes, clean out backpacks and get haircuts so that we are all ready for tomorrow.  I thought January 6 seemed late to go back, but right now it is terrific...it is raining, wet and grey outside right now, and it would have been tough to roll everyone out of bed at 6:50 this morning!

A quick update on some of my Christmas stuff, because I know you are waiting:

Aquaglobes rock!  I went out and got a couple of houseplants and set up my aquaglobes in them.  They are actually attractive and my plants seem to be getting watered steadily.  This may be the answer to my black thumb with indoor plants, and I'm thrilled.

Wii Fit is awesome, too.  I've used it a little every day, and while it is no fun seeing my weight on the screen every day, it does provide a little incentive to eat a little less or make different choices.  My balance scores are improving and I especially like the Hula Hoop and Boxing games.  (Hey, Casto, definitely put this on your list after you've played Wii sports enough.  We had ours for about eight months before I got my board, and it is the perfect thing to keep me coming back.)

We watched Prince Caspian a couple of nights ago...if you love the Narnia books then it is a great movie.  DH never read them (I know, how is that possible) and so he sees the movies as a pale imitation of the Lord of the Rings movies.  Still good, just not as great as those.  I loved the books and love the movies so far.  Voyage of the Dawn Treader was always my favorite book in the series so I'm really looking forward to the next movie.  Now that I'm writing about it, I see that Disney has pulled out of the project.  I hope Walden can find another partner, so I can see this one on the big screen.

Time to get everyone going today, get our chores done, and enjoy this last day of freedom (for them...my freedom starts tomorrow!).

1 comment:

ZipperTPartee said...

Interesting.....I had put the Aquaglobe in the same category as the "Chia Pet" Christmas gift. Maybe I need to revisit that assesment...........nahhhhhh my Poly Plants look great.