Monday, November 10, 2008

Keeping an eye on the bail-out

Look at this...the Fed says they don't have to tell us where they are spending OUR money.  Right now, I'm feeling kind of confused.  I thought they voted on $700 billion but now we're talking $2 TRILLION.  And more industries are wanting bailouts, like the auto makers.  (Um, NO.)  And our friends over at AIG are getting even more.

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling helpless.  Last Tuesday I said to DH, "No matter what happens, I'm paying attention from now on."  I think this is part of paying attention.  If you have a problem with "King Fed," contact your Congressmen.  Go here. Link to the articles on Drudge and Bloomberg and even my blog (more traffic, yea!).  Let's all pay attention.  I'm tired of being messed with.

UPDATE:  I just realized...it's the arrogance.  What supreme arrogance on the part of Paulson and Bernanke, that they don't feel the least bit accountable.  They certainly regard us taxpayers with contempt.  But not our money.  Good Lord.

2 comments:

ZipperTPartee said...

You go girl, I'll keep mine open too. Just finished watching the HBO miniseries "John Adams" your tone is reminding me of cousin Sam (great beer too). I think it was a very appropriate time to watch a show about the founding fathers, we are approaching taxation without representation.......where's the next TEA PARTY!

ZipperTPartee said...

This all boils down to the American people being intellectually lazy. If basic common sense economics were taught in schools, the home, universities then Americans would understand that they are bailing themselves out which is as ridiculous as it sounds. Governments, corporations (even big oil, big drug, big insurance etc. etc. etc.) don't have any money unless it comes from consumers. You can chastise big corporations all you want but when the government forces them to pay higher taxes it comes out of our pocket in increased product costs.

From each according to his ability and to each according to his needs sounds so beautiful how could I ever disagree. It has not worked, never will work. God gave us free will to succeed or fail and it is not possible to stifle that forever, freedom always wins out. OK now I feel better. Nothing like a rambling, random blog response to start the day.