Monday, June 16, 2008

A really wonderful vacation spot

I mentioned a couple of times that we've come back from vacation. I feel absolutely obligated to mention WHERE we went: The Tyler Place in Highgate Springs, Vermont. The Tyler family has been running this terrific spot for more than 70 years.

The kids are busy the whole week with their programs in the morning and evening, freeing up my husband and me to participate in activities, or to just take it easy and enjoy time together. The food is nothing short of spectacular, and all of us guests (about 65 families) spend a fair amount of time marveling at the Tylers' warm, genuine hospitality.

I hesitate to even mention them because it feels like an exclusive club, as if there is some special magic I might mess up! But this is just one of our family's favorite places in the whole world, and so if my mentioning TP makes someone else interested in them, that is a good thing.

No comments: