Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Back (I think)

After a long-ish absence, I'm going to give this a go again.  This is on my new computer, an Apple MacBook Pro.  I had some (okay, a lot of) initial frustrations with this machine, but I think I have it figured out, enough to blog, anyway.  I can see why people like these Macs, but it is a pain to go from being fluent in Windows shortcuts and all of my crazy work-arounds on my clunky Dell to almost-but-not-quite getting the Mac convenience.  Sometimes I just wanted to tell the stupid Apple engineers, "Quit trying to make it so intuitive and just give me another button."  But things are looking up.

Lots has happened lately:  the kids have gone back to school today, I've ordered books and paid for school, to name just a couple.  I'll put up another couple of posts about school and such.  Meanwhile, the plumbers are outside fixing yet another leak at the outside of the house.  GREAT.  The third time in four years. 

So I need to go check on that and get things in order for the most stressful couple of hours in the day...the moments at the close of school and adjusting back to home, getting snacks and homework and piano practice and playing with friends.  Back soon, I hope.

No comments: