Monday, October 13, 2008

Heidi's Challenge

I was just checking in at my dear friend Heidi's Team-In-Training site.  Sad news...the boy in whose honor she is running her marathon passed away late last month.  He had been in remission for several years, but when the cancer came back, it returned with an evil vengeance.  

Please consider contributing to her marathon here, or just to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in general.  Heidi's a pediatric oncologist and so she is on the front lines of generating the good that comes from this money.

2 comments:

Dave Sanders said...

That's so sad about Heidi. I can relate, as I rode 100 miles on a bicycle for and honored hero (next-door neighbor in Texas) for LLS Team-n-Training several years ago. She, Kelsey, had Leukemia from 2 to 5 years. By the time I rode in the race, she was still in remission at about 9. She is now 15, and despite other liver problems, is still cancer free. Watching Kelsey and her parents go through all of this was quite a lesson for us. Every singal day we have on this earth is such a gift.

Dave Sanders said...

Sorry, I meant so sad about the boy, not Heidi. It's late, I'm tired.

By the way, Team-n-Training is an amazing organization supporting LLS. I recommend either the running or the cycling to anyone who likes outdoors, exercise, and helping someone in need. Unfortunately, I haven't gotton back on the racing bike since I rode in that race in 2001. I'm so out of shape!